Geometallurgy aims to optimize mining productivity by linking the mineralogical knowledge of the mine ore to the mining and metallurgical production processes. The mains tasks include:
- Percent mineralogical identification of the mine deposit. Planning and research of primary mine ore properties.
- Identify geological features such as lithology, alteration, structural tendencies, that may control metallurgical performances.
- Contrasting all secondary mineral properties of the ore with the main metallurgical studies of the mine and complete required test if necessary.
- Improve the ore control by integrating the mineralogical information to the metallurgical results. Definition of the geo-metallurgical domains.
- Modelling and integration of the geometallurgical domains into the mine block model.